Today most of the users may have up grate to Windows 8 or 8.1 so it would be helpful to be familiar with some of the important keyboard shortcuts to make your working experience much smoother. The following are some useful Windows 8 shortcuts:
- Windows key : to open the Start screen or switch to the Desktop.
- Windows key + D: to opens the Windows Desktop.
- Windows key + . : To pin and unpin Windows apps on the side of the screen.
- Windows key + X : To open the power user menu, which gives you access to many of the features most power users would want (e.g. Device Manager and Command Prompt).
- Windows key + C: To open the Charms.
- Windows key + I : To open the Settings, similar to Charms setting.
- Windows key + Tab : To show open apps.
- Windows key + Print screen: To create a screen shot, which is automatically saved into your My Pictures folder.