- A computer programming started in 1960 with the language ALGOL.
- The concept of block structure programming was derived from the ALGOL language.
- It was developed by International Group in 1960.
- In 1967 martin Richard developed a new language known as BCPL (Basic Combined Programming Language)
- In 1970 Ken Thompson developed a new language using some features of BCPL.
- It was known as B language.
- In 1972 Dennis Ritchie developed a new programming language using combined features of BCPL and B-language.
- All previous languages were type less programming languages.
- This new language introduced concept of data types.
- Eventually this language became most popular among the programmers.
- Dennis Ritchie and Kerninghem wrote a book “The C Programming Language”.
- With the release of this book it became more popular.
- In1978 modify version of C language was introduced known as K & RC-Language.
- In 1989 the American National Standard Institute defined standards about the C language so, it was known as ANSI C.
- In 1990 International Standard Organization also accepted C language as a standard programming language so it was also known as C-99.
|Year||Language Progress||Developed / Approved By|
|1972||Traditional C||Dennis Ritchie|
|1978||K& R C||Kerninghem& Dennis Ritchie|
|1989||ANSI C||Approved by ANSI Committee|
|1990||ANSI/ISO-C||Approved by ISO|