- There is no major difference between passing a variable and array except that we have to specify the dimension for an array so that compiler can differentiate them.
- While passing an array as argument we have to specify array dimension by set of square braces (“”) as a function argument at the time of function declaration and function definition.
- There is no difference on calling function with array arguments.
- If array argument is of one dimension, we have to specify single set of square braces (“”) and if it is two dimension array, we have to specify two dimension at the time of function declaration and function definition by set of two square braces (“”).
- The following example demonstrates passing array as function argument two find out maximum number from it.
Note: By default, Arrays are always passed as pass by reference method
- Here is another example to perform different operations on matrix using array where we have passed 2D-array as function arguments. Please have a look to make it more clear how an array can be used as function arguments.